Changing the screen size and colours on your monitor is a simple process, please ask your ICT
coordinator how to do this on your computer.
How to start using the site:
The Time and Geography chapters contain information which is more referential in nature. You may want
to introduce pupils to Time and Geography first so they will be able to refer to the information
contained in these chapters as they explore the rest of the site.
We suggest that pupils are familiar with the following information before using the site:
- Where China is
- What the climate is like in China
- How long ago the people of Ancient China lived
Introducing the site to your class:
It may be helpful to familiarise pupils with the following points about using the site before they get started:
- You can get a definition of an underlined word by clicking on the word.
- A picture or image is clickable if the cursor turns into a hand when you roll over the picture or image.
- You can return to the main menu by clicking on the Ancient China icon at the left side of the screen.
- You must close glossary and photograph windows after you have looked at them, otherwise they will remain open.
If there are too many windows open at one time, you will not be able to open any new windows.